The People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) is a professional, non-profit organization for the HR industry. The PMAP Awards Program was established in 1977 to recognize outstanding achievers within the industry with exceptional leadership and professionalism that sets them and their corporations apart. The awards are presented annually based on achievements within the year and are made possible by the PMAP Board of Trustees and Awards Committee.
This year, the awards will be hosted by PMAP President Roberto M. Policarpio and Trustee-in-Charge of the Awards Committee, Jocelyn R. Pick. The ceremony is the highlight of the year, attended by more than 1,500 key HR and business executives.
The awards for the Employer of the Year (EOY), People Manager of the Year (PMY) and People Program of the Year (PPY) aim to provide public recognition for contributions made to the development of innovative and high-quality talent management within the HRM profession. Nominations are open for private companies nationwide, with the exception of the PPY Award, which is exclusive to PMAP members.
About the Awards
Employer of the Year Award
This award aims to recognize a company that fulfills its talent management duties and demonstrates a high level of leadership, dynamism, professionalism, strategic thinking and implementation, continuous improvement in HR processes and programs, linkage of HR to business objectives, and employee focus.
Criteria for the Award
- Leadership (20%) – All levels of the organization are aligned in articulating, explaining and confirming the Company’s vision, mission, values, strategies and business goals. There is a shared understanding of effective leadership.
- Strategic HR/Human Resource Focus (30%) – Corporate strategic plans are linked into HR programs that contribute to the overall development of the Company. Involvement, recognition and development are evident as sound people management practices.
- Continuous Improvement (20%) – Encouraging and nurturing the value of learning and a mindset of excellence through continuous improvement programs that generate significant results.
- Business Results (20%) – Overall HR philosophy, systems and practices contribute to the overall performance of the Company. HR programs are linked to productivity, revenues, and profits.
- Social Responsibility (10%) – Providing a positive contribution to the community through sustainable CSR projects with high involvement of all employees across all levels in the organization
People Manager of the Year Award
This award recognizes an HR practitioner who models the strategic role of HR in organizations that have excelled with exceptional talent, initiatives and programs. The awardee will have made significant contributions to the development of HR in the Philippines, and will be actively involved in advocacy and community work. He or she will also demonstrate a personal mastery, work/life balance, and will be known for integrity, fairness and sincerity.
Criteria for the Award
- Solid Track record in HR (60%) – Through understanding of the company´s business challenges, the HR manager is able to develop a people roadmap aligned with the vision, goals and directions of the various organizations he or she has been or currently connected with.
- Contribution to the HR Profession (20%) – Strong advocate in the development of the HR profession. Has influenced the evolution of human resource practices by his or her active involvement in various organizations foremost of which is PMAP where the HR professional has occupied various roles. Other ways of contributing to the profession is through research and publications.
- Personal Mastery (10%) – This refers to the individual´s ability to harmonize the different facets of a person´s life be these personal and professional. He or she espouses continuous self- development in the various aspects of life (physical, emotional, etc.). Models work life balance. Recognized by colleagues, peers, subordinates, company as being able to balance different facets of one´s life. He or she is known also for fairness, integrity and sensitivity.
- Community Involvement (10%) – Imbibes the spirit of giving back. Actively involved in advocacies that address key social issues like education environment, uplifting the status of women in society, health etc. Role model in spreading the spirit of volunteerism.
People Program of the year Award
This award is presented to a company for relevant, unique, innovative and/or cutting-edge programs designed to provide a meaningful contribution and enhance or improve employer-employee relations. The program must have been in place for at least two years at the time of the nomination, and may operate in any of the following areas;
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management and Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Organizational Development
- Labor Relations
Criteria for the Award
- Relevance of the Program to the Employee (35%) – How the program has aligned with the strategic directions of the company, how it meets its specific need, and the value and/or meaning to its employees.
- Impact to the Organization (35%) – As evidenced by quantifiable results, how the program substantially helped in improving the economic, organizational health, social and / or aesthetic standards of the Company and its important stakeholders.
- Uniqueness/Innovativeness of the Program (15%) – Description of the unique, innovative, cutting-edge people program and how it was designed to meet a specific need of the Company and its employees.
- Program Implementation (15%) – Corporate actions undertaken to ensure and sustain the successful implementation of the program – looking at success as well as difficulties surmounted in instituting the program.