Coach, Role Model, Counselor, Supporter, Guide…do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being a role model, sometimes a counselor or supporter, and always a guide. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Knowing how and when to coach is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization. This one-day workshop will help you become a better coach in all senses of the word. The seminar will be held on October 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at unit 502 OMM Citra Bldg., San Miguel Ave.,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
In Coaching: A Leadership Skill, participants will learn how to use coaching to develop their team, develop coaching skills that help improve individual performance, demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach, recognize employees’ strengths and weaknesses, and learn to give valuable feedback.
- Defining Coaching: The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching means (in general and to participants), reviewing coaching skills, and evaluating the pre-assignment.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills and create an action plan.
- Self-Disclosure: Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham developed the Johari windows concept, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. This session will look at the window and examine how we can use it when coaching.
- Critical Coaching Skills: Participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
- More on Communication: This lecturette will examine two powerful, simple coaching tools: asking questions and listening.
- Learning Styles and Principles: We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate these methods into coaching.
- Benefits/Consequences: During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
- Skills Involved in Coaching: Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
- The Coaching Model: This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
- Feedback: An essential component of coaching. You will discuss types of feedback and offer some tips in lecture format during this session.
- Coaching Problems: To wrap up the workshop, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
- Workshop Wrap-Up: At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
The course fee is PHP3,500 + VAT, and includes instruction by an expert facilitator, snacks and lunch, a specialized student workbook, and a personalized certificate of participation.