The Balanced Scorecard is a strategic planning and management system that is used extensively in business and industry, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide. It is used to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals. Moreover, it transforms the organization’s strategic plan to action plans, linking and aligning organizational to individual action plans.
The Balanced Scorecard provides feedback around both the internal business processes and external outcomes in order to continuously improve strategic performance and results. Learn how to use this innovative system in your business at our Balanced Scorecard public workshop on April 28 to 30, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The training program is expected to have the following outcomes:
- Core Factors that give ‘life’ (success/peak moments) to the implementation of the performance management systems in the different organizations where the participants belong;
- Shared Best Practices in performance management of the different participants;
- Draft of the Balanced Scorecard developed by each participant for his/her own organization/division/department;
- Action Plans and Individual Commitments on how to develop, enhance and sustain the strategic and performance management system within the organization.
- Define what a BSC is and identify its benefits
- Discuss the ingredients of success in the BSC Management System
- Describe the key elements of the BSC Process
- Create a Vision Statement for the BSC
- Understand what corporate values, mission and vision statements are and how they link to the BSC
- Develop project, communications and training plans for BSC Implementation
- Identify and define the perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard
- Discuss and describe the performance objectives and measures
- Understand the cause-and-effect linkages in the BSC
- Develop strategy map and strategic initiatives
- Set targets and prioritize initiatives
- Understand organizational alignment and linkages of performance with other organizational systems
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a Balanced Scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organizational performance.
The course fee is P10,500 and includes instruction by an expert facilitator, small group workshops that provide “active learning” (known to be the most effective method for adult learners), a specialized student manual, personalized certificate of participation, snacks and lunch.
About the Facilitator
Dr. Alzona holds a Master’s Degree in Statistics and Ph.D in Organizational Development. She is an accomplished Organizational Development professional with almost 20 years of experience in diverse workplace environments. She has varied experiences in organizational assessment, OD intervention design and implementation, learning and development and process/procedure design and development. Dr. Alzona has taken various Information Technology and OD Consultancy projects with several Consulting firms and has taught for ten years in the Graduate School of several universities and colleges in diverse topics of management and leadership. She is a frequent speaker at various seminars and workshops with topics on Leadership, Team Building, Organizational Assessment, Strategic Planning, Change Management and Appreciative Inquiry. She is a High-energy Trainer and Creative Facilitator, skilled in guiding learners through engaging breakthrough learning opportunities.